|28302||Gherardo di Jacopo Starna, called Starnina (Master of the Bambino Vispo, previously attributed to)||Gherardo di Jacopo Starna, called Starnina (Master of the Bambino Vispo, previously attributed to)||Adoration of the Magi||K-1135||Italian||c. 1405||Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art||19482||18462||Kansas City|| MO||kress_1135.jpg||8DtZYyMmJloyLyw7eDt5QX4p||(Kleinberger Gallery, Paris); (Ali Loebl, Paris);  (Stephen Bourgeois, New York) 1911;  offered for sale by (Demotte, Paris-New York) in 1923; offered for sale by (Bourgeois Galleries, New York) in 1926; (R. Langton Douglas [1864-1951], London); sold 1927 to Jules S. Bache [1861-1944], New York; (Walter P. Fearon [d. 1935]/Fearon Galleries, New York), as of 1928;  (John Levy Galleries, New York), by 1930; sold to Samuel H. Kress [1863-1955] on 23 May 1938; gift 1939 to the National Gallery of Art; deaccessioned in 1952 and returned to the Kress Foundation; gift 1952 to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, no. F61-60.  Loebl was part of the Kleinberger Gallery in Paris. The painting, however, does not appear in the Kleinberger Gallery card file —either as Giovanni dal Ponte or as the Master of the Bambino Vispo—in the Department of European Paintings,The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.  Information from Bourgeois through John Levy Galleries according to Frick Art Reference Library photograph.  William Suida, Catalogue of the Samuel H. Kress Collection of Italian Paintings and Sculptures, The William Rockhill Nelson Gallery of Art and Mary Atkins Museum of Fine Arts, Kansas City, 1952, p. 26, gives date of Bache and Fearon ownership.
|27986||Gherardo di Jacopo Starna, called Starnina (Master of the Bambino Vispo, previously attributed to)||Gherardo di Jacopo Starna, called Starnina (Master of the Bambino Vispo, previously attributed to)||St. Nicholas of Bari||K-525||Italian||c. 1422||El Paso Museum of Art||19482||18398||El Paso|| TX||kress_0525.jpg||8DtZYyMmJloyLyw7eDt5SnUu||elpaso||(Count Alessandro Contini Bonacossi, [1878-1955], Rome-Florence); sold to Samuel H. Kress [1863-1955] on 16 September 1938 as Rossello di Jacopo Franchi; gift to El Paso Museum of Art in 1961, no. 1961.1.12.